Pleased to meet you!
Jane is a Registered Dietitian with 20+ years clinical experience, specializing in weight management and medical nutrition therapy for the prevention and treatment of chronic illness and digestive disorders.
Graduated from McGill University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and Human Nutrition, Jane furthered her education with a Master's degree in Health Administration from the University of Ottawa.
Jane participates in ongoing professional development and is a member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario, Dietitians of Canada, Diabetes Canada and Obesity Canada.
Grounded in a weight-inclusive, anti-diet philosophy, Jane believes in health and beauty at every size. This involves coaching clients to explore a more positive relationship with food, ditch dieting, and move towards their personal best weight using behaviour-based strategies. For some clients, this includes weight loss, and for others, it translates into weight maintenance and acceptance, and a renewed focus on overall physical and mental well-being.
Fostered by a passion for digestive health, Jane has built expertise in the management of gastro-intestinal disorders using the low FODMAP diet and adjunct medical nutrition therapies.
An avid gardener and naturalist, Jane brings a whole-food and plant-centric focus to her practice.
- Science rather than trendy fads
- Health without guilt, shame or complexity
- Balanced living with a focus on long-term success
- Intuitive eating rather than restrictive diets
- Self-love instead of self-sabotage
- Food at the centre of the family
- Food that is grown and cooked, not created and packaged
- Discovery not deprivation
- Progress instead of perfection
- Practical solutions for busy lifestyles
- Proactive instead of reactive meal planning
- Small, incremental changes for super-sized results
- Flexibility, accountability and encouragement