Pleased to meet you!
Jane is a Registered Dietitian with 20+ years clinical experience, specializing in weight management and medical nutrition therapy for the prevention and treatment of chronic illness and digestive disorders.
Graduated from McGill University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and Human Nutrition, Jane furthered her education with a Master's degree in Health Administration from the University of Ottawa.
A member of the "College of Dietitians of Ontario", "Dietitians of Canada", "Canadian Diabetes Educator Section" and "Obesity Canada", Jane participates in regular continuing education to hone her skills and promote the quality standards of the profession.
Grounded in a weight-inclusive, anti-diet philosophy, Jane believes in health and beauty at every size. This involves coaching clients to explore a more positive relationship with food, ditch dieting, and move towards their personal best weight. For some clients, this includes weight loss, and for others, it translates into weight maintenance and acceptance.
Fostered by a passion for digestive health, Jane has built expertise in the management of gastro-intestinal disorders using the low FODMAP diet and adjunct medical nutrition therapies.
An avid gardener and naturalist, Jane brings a whole-food and plant-centric focus to her practice.
- Science rather than trendy fads
- Balanced living
- Intuitive eating, rather than restrictive diets
- Health without guilt, shame or complexity
- Self-love instead of self-sabotage
- Food at the centre of the family
- Food that is grown and cooked, not created and packaged
- Discovery not deprivation
- Progress instead of perfection
- Planning for success
- Practical solutions for busy lifestyles
- Small, incremental changes for super-sized results
- Flexibility, accountability and encouragement