Jane is a Registered Dietitian with 20+ years clinical experience, specializing in weight management and medical nutrition therapy for the prevention and treatment of chronic illness and digestive disorders.
Graduated from McGill University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Dietetics and Human Nutrition, Jane furthered her education with a Master's degree in Health Administration from the University of Ottawa.
A member of the "College of Dietitians of Ontario", "Dietitians of Canada", "Canadian Diabetes Educator Section" and the "Canadian Obesity Network", Jane participates in regular continuing education to hone her skills and promote the standards of the profession.
A believer in health and beauty at every size, Jane coaches clients to explore a more positive relationship with food, ditch dieting, and move towards their personal best weight.
Fostered by a passion for digestive health, Jane has built expertise in the management of gastro-intestinal disorders using the low FODMAP diet and adjunct therapies.
An avid gardener and naturalist, Jane brings a whole-food and plant-centric focus to her practice.
As a Registered Dietitian and passionate "foodie", I value:
- Science rather than trendy fads
- Balanced living
- Health without guilt, shame or complexity
- Self-love instead of self-sabotage
- Food at the centre of the family
- Discovery not deprivation
- Progress instead of perfection
- Planning for success
- Practical solutions for busy lifestyles
- Mindful eating
- Small, incremental changes for super-sized results
- Flexibility, accountability and encouragement